As a homeowner, it’s a good idea to find a quality electrical contractor and build a relationship with them—even if you don’t need their services right away. That way, in the event of an electrical emergency, you’ll know exactly who to call. Better yet, you may want to hire someone to do a routine electrical inspection on your home or business now. A good electrical contractor will be able to catch problems early and help avoid electrical emergencies altogether. Likewise, if you’re planning a renovation or any project involving extensive electrical work, you’ll want to do your research to ensure you’re hiring an electrical contractor who’s skilled and trustworthy.
What to Look for When Hiring an Electrical Contractor
Not sure where to begin when it comes to finding a good local electrician? Here’s a list of tips to help you find the best electrical contractor to fit your needs:
- If you have a rapport with a trusted general contractor, ask them if they can recommend a good electrician.
- Make sure the electrical contractor is insured, licensed, and bonded. Ask to see proof.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if they have a clean record.
- If you’re hiring an electrical contractor for a specific project, be sure to get multiple bids in writing.
- Meet with at least three contractors before making your decision.
- Ask if they have experience with the specific type of electrical work you need.
- Ask for references from current or past clients.
- Ask if their staff is required to attend regular training courses and stay up-to-date on the National Electrical Code.
Why Choose Paramount Electric?
Paramount Electric is your full-service commercial and residential electrical contractor, serving St. Louis and the surrounding areas. We are fully insured, licensed, and bonded, with years of experience and expertise. Whether you’re tackling a residential remodel, building or expanding an office space or warehouse, or doing any other type of electrical project, you can trust us to get the job done right at a fair price.